The SURP application is still available for Summer 2018!
View this email in your browser
The SURP application deadline has been extended to February 16!
The Curry School of Education at UVA would like to invite current junior
students to take part in the SURP program. The 2018 SURP Application
still available, so please forward to interested students!
The *Summer Undergraduate Research Program *(SURP
is a 10-week internship that provides undergraduates with valuable research
and professional development experience.
Students Can Still Apply!
*SURP interns will:*
– Present research at Leadership Alliance National Symposium (LANS
as well as a UVA research symposium.
– Work hands-on in research with UVA faculty mentor(s) and graduate
– Participate in workshops on research methods and the grad school
application process, and enroll in an intensive GRE preparation course.
*How we support SURP interns:*
– A $3000 stipend and some travel and meal expenses.
– Housing in a university residence hall.
*Eligible interns must:*
– Be a current junior, with 2 semesters or less to complete after the
– Other requirements are highlighted on the SURP website
Charlottesville and UVA has been the site of protests during the past
year. Our faculty and staff acknowledge that this is a difficult time for
many people, and we strive to promote social justice and equity in *all* of
our programming. Interns will have the opportunity to conduct research that
impacts youth, and witness firsthand how UVA is moving forward.
All application materials
must be received before 5 PM EST on February 16, 2018
[image: Curry Facebook]
[image: Curry Twitter]
*Copyright © 2018 Curry School of Education at UVA, All rights reserved.*
You are a valued partner of the Summer Undergraduate Research Program
(SURP) at the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia.
*Our mailing address is:*
Curry School of Education at UVA
PO Box 400879
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Add us to your address book