Humanics@FresnoState and The Whitney Foundation are proud to announce an upcoming sponsored campus visit of Ms. Lisa Cooper, MBA, CFA, CFP of Figure 8 Investment Strategies on October 16 and 17, 2017.
While Ms. Cooper will be presenting and facilitating a Humanics class session on Monday, October 16, we have been fortunate to also schedule an opportunity for a facilitated dialog about Impact Investing with interested members of philanthropic community for Tuesday, October 17, 2017, from 10:30 am – 12 pm at the Madden Library (HML 2108). Guests will be able to use parking code 339873 for a courtesy day permit.
The objective of the session is to help our mission-driven tax-exempt community benefit organizations align their endowment investment practices with their mission, values, and sustainability goals, without sacrificing financial returns.
Utilizing the 2015 Primer created by Intentional Endowments Network (attached), Intentionally Designed Endowment: Aligning Investment Portfolios with Institutional Mission, Values, Sustainability Goals, and Principles for Responsible Investment, participants in the session will be exposed to:
- Strategic questions to consider
- Background and an overview of integrating sustainability factors for investment returns and a healthy, just, and sustainable society
- The status and trends in sustainable investing for college and university endowments
- A brainstorming list of possible initiatives or activities that may emerge from these conversations
- A sampling of reports, resources, and organizations pertaining to sustainable investing
This conversation is intended to spark questions and new ideas, while helping endowment stakeholders prepare to engage in productive dialogue around sustainable investing.
Please share this email with various stakeholders in the AFP California Valley Chapter. All those interested in participating in this unique session may sign up (FREE) at this link (until the spots are filled): https://doodle.com/poll/uw4ebvczmdzsiurb.
Post expires at 3:46pm on Saturday October 13th, 2018