The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice is hiring!
We are seeking applicants for a full-time position in San Francisco as
CJCJ’s Communications and Policy Analyst
*.* Please feel free to share the attached job posting with your networks.
For more information about available positions at CJCJ, visit our website:
Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ)
(415) 621-5661 x. 123 < %28415%29%20621-5661%20x.%20124>
(415) 621-5466 (fax)
*COMMUNICATIONS AND POLICY ANALYST*
*CENTER ON JUVENILE AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE*
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ) is seeking applicants
for a full-time (40 hours/week) Communications and Policy Analyst position.
Applicants should have an interest and commitment to criminal justice
reform and possess excellent writing skills. CJCJ’s mission is to reduce
society’s reliance on incarceration as a solution to social problems. In
pursuing this mission CJCJ provides model programs, technical assistance,
advocacy, and policy analysis to a broad range of criminal justice clients
and stakeholder groups. For more information, visit our website at
*The duties of the Communications and Policy Analyst may include:*
– Developing agency communication and policy strategies that promote the
– Developing and implement media outreach strategies including, but not
limited to maintaining press relations and the agency listserv
– Developing internet communications capacities and strategies,
including website content, blogs, social media and broadcasts
– Assist with the development and implementation of public education
efforts, including presentations
– Assist in the production and editorial support of publications and
– Developing and disseminating monthly newsletters highlighting the
agency’s programs, successes and goals
– Communicating with organization’s program directors to access
information, stories and data for development of promotional materials
– Researching and creating an organization communications strategy with
the Director of Policy and Development
– Possibility of supervising unpaid interns on projects
– Other duties as assigne
– Background in creative writing, journalism, English literature, social
work, criminal justice, public policy, political science, psychology,
sociology, law, or related field.
– Detail-oriented with excellent writing, communications, and
– Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
– Passion for social justice work.
– Ability to work under pressure; good sense of humor.
Compensation: We offer a generous benefits package, a casual work
environment, and a great team of committed professionals. This position
reports directly to the Director of Policy and Development.
To Apply: Please email letter of interest, resume, and references to
email@example.com and include “Communications and Policy Analyst” in the
*WOMEN, PERSONS OF COLOR, INDIVIDUALS WITH PAST INVOLVEMENT IN THE JUSTICE
SYSTEM, AND DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.*
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is not a secured data transmission for
Protected Health Information (PHI) as defined by the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and it is the responsibility of
all parties involved to take all reasonable actions to protect this message
from non-authorized disclosure. This e-mail is intended for the recipient
only. If you receive this e-mail in error, you should notify the sender and
destroy the e-mail immediately. Disclosure of the information contained
herein could subject the discloser to civil or criminal penalties under
state and federal privacy laws.